Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lunch for 21p

That's right!! lunch for 21p :-)  I follow a blog called A Girl called Jack she is such an inspiration and so creative in the kitchen, this recipe was posted on her blog today and I knew I had to have a go.


 Cheese and Onion Drop Scones


 You will need..... 100gm SR Flour, 1 Egg, 100ml Milk, 30gm grated Cheese, half small onion finely chopped I used some snipped chives (Jack used parsley) and 4 tablespoons oil to fry them. I seasoned mine with black pepper, no salt as the cheese was extra mature and quite salty.
I softened my onion in the oil first, don't brown it just soften.  In my bowl I added the flour egg and milk and gave a quick whisk then I added the cheese softened onion and chives with a twist of pepper.  It makes a thick batter and looks lumpy because of the cheese and onions.
 Heat the oil in a shallow pan and drop tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil, cook a couple of minutes until the bottom is golden brown and the bubbles pop on the tops, turn over and cook on the other side, they only take a few minutes to cook through.


 Drain on some kitchen paper.  Mine made 9... don't they look yummy!
 I had it with a fried egg and some sliced tomato warmed through with the egg. It was really filling and delicious and very very frugal, a great recipe for my Austerity August.
21p I hear you say!!  Well this is how I costed it out..

100gm SR Flour ...3p....   45p Basics for 1.5kg
                                              100ml Milk .....      5p...    £1 for 4pints @ Lidl
                                              1 Egg....                9p..     £1.35 for 15 @ Lidl
                                              30gm Cheese..     18p ..   £2.15 for 300gm @ Lidl
                                              1/2 onion..             5p      £1.99 for 5kg @ Lidl
                                              4 tbsp Oil..           12p      £1.39 for 1lt @ Lidl

Total rounded up = 52p  divide by 9 = 6p each  so 4 for today and 4 for tomorrow with 1 as a taster :-)

2 scones plus a fried egg = 21p the tomato was from the garden so that was free. 

 I can recommend you try this recipe, they are really tasty and make a nice change from the normal sandwich, you could always add a slice of bacon and turn it into a Brunch!

Enjoy your weekend
Love

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar